Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

What I Learned Wednesday: Voice Change and Emo Emu

Parent Wise
 
I learned this week that toddlers voices change akin to puberty. I can have a sweet sounding angel calling out "Mama" only to hear 5 seconds later "DIIIIIIIIIIIEEEE?" in baritone. After many sleepless nights and discussions with therapists (not really), I have determined they are saying "Daddy" but not pronunciating the double d's. Whew. But you better believe I'm on the defensive when both of them are lunging at me, just in case. In addition, they have discovered octaves only dogs can hear. If you take that block away from Teagan, she will kick up her scream in a pitch only dogs can hear. It's starting to sound like Mariah Carey up in here.
 
 
Life Wise
 
I've learned a bunch of emo stuff that's not really funny nor entertaining. Along the lines of not being able to count on those you should, humanity going down the shitter, blah blah blah. Can't control situations or people, but I can control my actions and how I react to things, which is my motto now I guess. After that insightful, downer gem, I'm going to go find my black eyeliner and baggy jeans. At least I'm not this guy...
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment