Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Most wonderful time to people watch

I was able to sneak away for a few hours a couple weeks back and I found myself settling in at a busy restaurant to enjoy a little bit of people watching. But let's just call a spade a spade and acknowledge what it really is...people judging. No one sits and stares at people thinking to themselves "Oh, that person must be a really nice person, she must donate to charity and be a saint". Uh, no. You sit there and think "Who in their right mind thought today would be a good day to rock leopard print leggings?" or " That person's really loving life, standing there in neon fuzzy slippers on a 25 degree day". Now I know what you are thinking, who am I to judge? Well besides the fact that you are judging me for judging others (for shaaaame), I well accept the fact that everytime I go outside, people will secretly or not so secretly make mental jabs at my expense. I mean, come on, I still wear maternity jeans and the twins are almost 13 months old. To which I respond, I grew two humans at once. Plus, I like doughnuts.

So back to people judging. Almost everyone I know likes to go out and "people watch" but with the holidays approaching, it is really prime time to sit back and enjoy. It's not often you see people running around, high on seasonal coffee drinks, trying to save an additional $.47 or Buy 3 get 1 33% off. After the holiday, you'll have to settle for normal crazy while shopping or being out in public. At least until the After Holiday's Sale comes around.


NOTE: I'm not really that mean to everyone, nor do I judge everyone. Just remember, don't judge a judger. And those in glass houses can't walk around naked.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Everyone does it, you're just being honest about it.

    ReplyDelete